Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Special

So I know that people will tell me that my story is not unique, But I say it is. My mom is special. She is not special because she's my mom, she's special because of who she is....And right now she is under siege. Right now she is at Pitt County Memorial Hospital waiting for surgery. She has a mass in her kidney. Maybe tomorrow we will know what it is and she will get some relief from the relentless pain.
During the day I watched her energy and spirit wane. The drive from the beach, the wait at the doctors office and the wait to get into her room were almost more than she could take. But through it all she found humor in every situation, had a smile and a kind word for each person that she met. Now she is resting.......and so will I.
So I'm thanking everyone for their love and prayers for her. And I'm thanking the Universe for all the good things that will happen tomorrow for Momma Flora.
Because she is special..........really, she is........

1 comment: