Monday, September 27, 2010

Hot day in the Fall

My brother and I woke up today with complete and total body pain. Of course we attribute it to be old, playing too many sports and waking up on a rainy morning. But we both also acknowledge how much it takes out of you to watch someone you love die. He is on his way home now.....changed by this experience. Linsey (my 'daughter-figure'...ok, my daughter) checks on me via text message a lot. She's away at school.
Im making my way thru my morning fog, making necessary phone calls, making coffee, feeding her cat Princess (now mine) and the dogs. My life has changed. Not sure how yet.
On a hot day in september by mother passed away. It's only fitting that it's a cool rainy morning, washing away the pain but leaving the legacy of her love behind.

2 comments:

  1. sweet Shelli - i just read with a heavy sigh and much sadness that your mom died yesterday. her life with you & your brother has encircled you both, from the love she had in her to create you, the love she shared by caring for you always, to all the love & joy that she instilled in you. she is the spring where you have drawn your own source of love from, and where you'll always be able to go for sustenance. her guiding spirit & the many gifts she shared will always be right there with you. sending you a huge hug and wishes for comfort and peace.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelli,
    She will always be with you in your heart and around you with her spirit. she will continue to guide you so always listen.. Prayers and thinking of you. Carmen V.

    ReplyDelete