Monday, September 20, 2010

Bed of a million pillows

So we've a couple of tough days. Her pain seems to be a little better controlled but mom still have breakthrough pain and she get's really confused.
We have some decisions to make about her care. She's getting weaker and more frustrated. We were hoping to try to get her strength back after the pain was under control but I feel like we are losing ground. It's a hard reality.
She can't really sleep laying back much, it's too hard on her breathing and swallowing. So she stays in various stages of sitting up. We are constantly rearranging her to keep her comfortable. I call her bed the 'bed of a million pillows'.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking there should be something your mom could be given for the break through pain. My mom had pancreatic cancer, and she always had a low tolerance for pain. I was really worried for & concerned about her, hoping she'd be spared the worst. It was amazing how well Hospice was able to find the right med so she would be comfortable. She never had to increase the dose, and, while she slept quite a bit, she was very clear-minded when she was awake. My heart goes out to your mom :( I'll be saying prayers & wishing relief for her and for you :) You're a very special, giving person, Shelli, and a daughter any mom would rejoice in! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for Hospice and have high hopes for her comfort. I hope she has the same experience as your mom.....again, I'm so sorry that you or anyone else has had to endure this. <3

    ReplyDelete