Saturday, September 11, 2010

one bad apple

So morning came along with the calvary. The doc on call, charge nurse and RN came in together and we had a nice conversation, cleared the air, and they immediately got her pain under control. She slept for 4 hours straight. It was nice to see her that comfortable.
Still, I got my own coffee.
The nurses were nice enough to find me an empty room to take a shower in (so I didn't wake up mom). They probably did that as much for them as for me :) Warm fuzzies for the staff returned along with my hot shower.
Her Doctor consulted with an oncologist and she came around lunchtime. Basically, she and her resident reviewed the medications and history, did the 'cancer dance' (you know....well it could be benign, unrelated, easy to remove...or....it could be cancer...but really it might not be). Momma Flora told them "I'm not afraid of the word 'cancer', just tell me what you think".
What they do know is that they will do the biopsy on monday with a large bore needle to make sure that they get a good sample. They should have some idea monday what we are looking at. They changed her pain medications (Lord have Mercy) and hopefully it will all work.
She was moved to a room on the surgical floor, south 113. I'm sure that my reputation precedes me...at least I hope so.
So far, it appears that one bad apple hasn't spoiled the whole bunch. Whew, what a relief

No comments:

Post a Comment