Monday, September 20, 2010

Blue eyes

So we had a discussion this morning about Hospice. Mom is weaker still and just doesn't think she can keep doing this. "This is no way to live" she said today. I don't blame her.
The new home health nurse came to see her today and was very concerned about her state of health. Mom greeted her and then said she wouldn't be alive much longer. The home health nurse agreed that she looked too weak and needed to be on hospice. She agreed to help me get the ball rolling quickly. Looks like we'll get a hospital bed and move mom to my house at some point soon. I'll be grateful for the pain control.
When I look at her this afternoon she looks very pale. Her blue eyes are fading. She holds my hand.

2 comments:

  1. Shelli, Reading your posts causes my heart to break for you because I know all too well what you are going through. I hope you know how much you're loved, thought of and prayed for during this difficult time!! You are a strong woman and I know you have what it takes to help your mom through this. I know it's hard, harder than anything you ever want to do but you are not alone!! Please call me if you need anything!! I have been there... I know what you are going through. I am leaving to go out of town Thursday but I am serious, please call me if you want to talk. No matter what time of day/night I am up all hours of the night & I always have my phone with me 252-423-0643 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, thanks so much for your words, I hate to think that anyone else has endured this....but I know you have. I appreciate all the love and prayers. You have safe travel and take of yourself too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete