Saturday, September 18, 2010

Call me "the remote"

My brother always called himself the black sheep of the family. It would be a lie if I told you that he was conventional, because Lord knows he's not. He is on his way to see mom and she is thrilled.
We had a couple of rough patches today, but we got past them. She's comfortable now. Most of you that know me socially see me as easy going. Most of you that know me at the hospital know that I'm kind of intense when there's something important to get done. Imagine me now :)
I have written up lists of all her med's, 2 different ways. One for when they are to be given, One for what they treat....oh yeah, and one list for if you can crush them or not. I suppose that's three lists. I have a record of all medication times given and I have highlighted the times for my brother to give medications. Geez, you'd think I was a nurse!
Momma Flora has been happily distracted by college football. Too bad the remote stopped working, maybe she made too many phone calls on the remote :) You can call me 'the remote'

1 comment:

  1. Mom is doing ok now, resting some and not in hellish pain like earlier today.
    Was very hard to see her in such bad condition and suffering so much pain.
    We also did the "mobile toilet 2-step" together and some other adjusting.
    Pat, her nice neighbor, brought over some good fishfry meals that I had mom review for her olfactory approval.... passed.

    Currently I have administered the secluded medicines and mom is snoring lightly . "we" are watching "gigi" ... yes maurice chevalier .. et al. AND NOT FOOTBALL!! wow.

    Shelli is a saint

    ReplyDelete