Tuesday, September 21, 2010

hospice

Today, Dr Thompson will write the order for hospice. We had a bad night again last night....a lot of pain and mom was really anxious and confused. She seems more clear and comfortable today, but weak and exhausted. I need to get to my house and start rearranging furniture. And sleep....Lord have mercy, I need to sleep.
The new man in my life, Douglas has slept in the spare bedroom for the last 2 nights and helped me get mom up to the bedside commode, feed her, etc. All Momma Flora keeps saying is "Poor Douglas". I said "Poor Douglas??? What about me?? :)" She said "No, poor Douglas, he shouldn't have to do this." He just just smiles.
So now I need to get my head straight, drink some coffee and start to make a plan about moving Momma Flora to my house.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Dr Thompson will write the order for hospice, you can't sustain this Shelli.
    Thanks very much for helping Douglas, I'm feeling very guilty having to come back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mat, the hospice nurse came out today and she is a friend of mine, a well respected nurse. They are delivering a hospital bed to my house tomorrow and they placed a catheter today so we won't have to get up to the bathroom. We are also starting the hospice medications tomorrow.
    We all will do the best we can. I'll let you know if she continues to decline at this rate and you can make some decisions. xoxo

    ReplyDelete