Tuesday, September 21, 2010

look up, look up

I took the dogs out for a quick walk and the mantra "look up, look up" popped thru my head. When I looked up, I saw an inky blue sky with a bright moon and evening star.
It seems to me the single most phrase I use when trying to help mom stand up is "Look up, "Look up mom, I don't want you to fall."
Us new surfers always look down at our board instead of at the wave. Zed, my instructor in Barbados always said "Where you look is where you go.....look up at your fans :)". Now, when I'm out in the water I hear "look up, look up" in my head.
I'm sure if you ask her, Momma Flora would say that I have drilled that into her head too.
I know that mom is looking up, because that's where she will go.

1 comment:

  1. A nice picture of Shelli and Mom:

    http://shelli-n-mom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete